Sunday, July 10, 2016

One Lawnmower Per Family Member

I don't know why I buy junky stuff off Craigslist.  I think it's a disease.  I am now up to 5 lawnmowers in the barn.  Here is the inventory:

#1
My John Deere 420 with new Vanguard 23hp engine 
This is my main mowing machine, and works just great.  I have
no plans to give up on it for it has rarely failed me in the past.

#2
The John Deere 316
I got this machine for free because it had a broken connecting rod.
I repaired that and gave it a cheap rebild, and now it is my most
 reliable little tractor.  I use it mostly for moving around the old 
wagon, hauling yard debris and tools, and giving kids rides.

#3
The Snapper
I bought this dude last year at an auction for the 
dazzling low price of $7.50.  I want to get it to 
running condition so I can use the leaf-sucker-upper.

#4
John Deere 420 without engine
I use this one as a parts unit, and also to model and mock up
my new front end sickle bar mower project.  I want to jump
back on that project for that was fun and could be useful.
Perhaps someday I'll run across an engine for it, too.

 #5
The "new" John Deere 140
This model is revered the world over for some ingenious firsts.
I bought it with the intention of getting it running and perhaps
having one of the boys drive it around as a good beginner lawn
mower.  Now that I see it, I think I'll simply get it into decent
running condition, and sell it for a quick profit.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!