Thursday, March 19, 2015

Going Whole Hog

I've been going back and forth on thinking about this crazy band saw project.  It's been gnawing on me lately:  

Should I put in the minimum amount of work and time, 
and simply get it running again?


- Or -


Should I go crazy and tear the whole thing down to it's last nut
and bolt; a mechanical and cosmetic restoration?

I decided on the latter.  I don't know why.
Glutton for punishment.

 Well, actually, now that I think about it, I do know why.  I made a promise to the previous owner, and I intend to keep it.  And in the end, I would have gone whole hog anyways.  I can hear those wise words now, "If you don't have time to do it right the first time, when will you have time to do it over?"

Tearing it apart:

Tearing it apart even more:

Paint stripped, cleaned, and masked for priming and painting:


The final color.  A bit more silvery than I had hoped,
but it's fine in natural light. 

Removing some masking tape:


More parts and pieces to come as weather improves.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!