Sunday, March 29, 2015

Another Week of Band Saw Progress

My new bearings arrived in the mail, and I was able to spend an hour or two in the barn this past Saturday.  As you can see, metric bearings were pretty standard even on equipment that is 65 years old and made in Michigan.  Who knew?  There was one oddball size - metric OD with a fractional bore.  That special bearing was about $2 more.

I got all 6 new bearings installed with relative ease. 
The best tool for this is called "patience".

I got the table installed, too.  Trimmed in black!



I added a bit of detail.  "Honeymoon Red" nail polish seemed to be just the right color for the indicator of the tilting table.  We'll see how well nail polish holds up.

And the band guide finished up nicely.  

I hope to finish painting the covers to the top and bottom wheels this upcoming week with the improved and warmer weather.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!