Thursday, April 19, 2012

Goodbye Swisher

I sold the Swisher today.

 It was my pull-behind lawnmower that more than doubled my swath of cut.  With this unit pulled behind my lawn mower offset to the side, I could mow a 100 inch swath of grass in one pass.  It worked really well, but I found it just wasn't a good fit for my 2.5 acres of grass.  I was turning too much on my "end rows", and not mowing enough.

Yes, it sped up my time mowing, but in the end it was just another machine to maintain.  With my new JD420 lawn mower with its new engine, the Swisher won't be used much. 



So, I sold it today.  Three years ago, I bought it near Huntington off of a super awesome Craigslist ad.  Today, I sold it and doubled my money.  I'm happy - - a little more space in the barn, a little less machinery to maintain, and alot of financial profit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!