Saturday, September 12, 2009

The 100 Inch Lawnmower

A few months ago, I bought a new lawn accessory. It is a lawnmower that you pull behind your existing lawnmower. This pull behind lawnmower is made by Swisher. I bought it used off of Craigslist.

The Swisher lawnmower is powered by its own engine, and it has a 60 inch mowing deck. I prefer to pull it behind my John Deere 316, for that lawn tractor has a lot more weight; hence more traction for going up and down the hill in front of the house.


Since the John Deere has a 46 inch mowing width, and the Swisher has a 60 inch cutting width, I can theoretically mow a 106 inch swath. However, I overlap the two mowing decks by 6 inches, so now I am mowing a 100 inch swath of grass.

It has cut down my mowing time considerably. I can now finish the yard in about 90 minutes as opposed to 3 hours without the Swisher.


The two pictures above show one round - one pass to the east and the return pass coming back to the west. You can see how wide of a swath it takes. The only problem I have found is that sometimes I start daydreaming, and the Swisher mower falls into the creek. This has only happened twice.

1 comment:

Thanks for leaving a comment!