Tuesday, September 29, 2009

The Eyeball Incident

Yesterday during a church event, the girl got punched in the eye by her favorite buddy. I don't think it was intentional from what we can gather. We think the other girl was just swinging her arms around, and our girl's eyeball walked into the path of her fist. Her eye was fine for awhile, but towards evening it started getting poofy and tender and she said it hurt. We put a cold, wet rag on her eyes and that made her feel better.


We kept the cold rag on her eyes through suppertime, and I had to feed her. A funny story there - - -. We have been trying to have her eat cantaloupe for 2 years now. Well, this was my chance now that she couldn't see what she was eating. So in the midst of scooping chicken pot pie in her mouth, I put a piece of cantaloupe in, too. She chewed it up and yelled out, "Yummy - it's an apple!!" Well, I kept shoveling in the cantaloupe, and she kept saying funny things like, "Juicy apple - I have water dripping off my lips!!" She ate alot of it. We finally took off her rag, and she saw what she was eating, and she was fine with it.



I wonder if she will like cantaloupe the next time we offer it to her.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!