Thursday, May 14, 2015

The Beefed Up Band Saw Table

The table for the band saw always felt a bit rickety.  I also wanted to make it mobile so I could push it away when I'm not using it.  I started with some 1 x 2 x 3/16 rectangular tubing on the CNC mill:

I made some wider support "legs" that can 
accommodate small caster wheels and feet.

This is the finished product:
1.  12mm threaded holes for leveling feet
2.  A large milled spot for locating the legs 
3.  And on the backside, threaded holes for caster wheels

They fit nicely, and I welded them on after a little testing:

After stripping, priming, and painting the table with the addition,
I added the 4 casters and the 4 leveling feet:

A close up:
 It rolls pretty smooth for those small 2 inch casters.
And the feet make a nice a sturdy base.
Now all that is left is to add new table tops!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!