Saturday, January 16, 2021

My New Workbench

I've been working on a new workbench design for awhile.  

My old workbench is aging.  It is an island workbench made out of 2x4s, and it has a simple 4x8 OSB sheet on top.  I made some crude caster wheels that pop out, but that design never worked very well so I hardly ever moved my island workbench.

The past many weeks, I made a new design and built it up.  I improved the retracting/extending casters, and am very pleased with the results.  I can pull the handle about 12 inches, and that moves the workbench up about half an inch - - that's alot of mechanical advantage.

And once the casters are down, my linkage is locked in place with a 3 point over-center linkage.  It all works just beautifully.

See my video below for how my linkage works:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!