Saturday, September 29, 2018

Canoe Trailer - design thoughts

Drawing up some plans in AutoCad gives me a few ideas on how things will fit, and move and work together.  


My latest crazy plan is to have a little storage box under the 2 canoes with a top that tips up.  I envision needing access to the box as we travel, and the difficulty comes with 2 canoes on top.  I don't want to unstrap them to get to the storage box.  Perhaps this is one idea.  

Nothing is set in stone yet.  We'll see what evolves.

Today, I plan to weld on the axle and straighten it back out.  It was sagging a bit (about 0.75 inches) in the center.  I bought some steel, and fabricated some special supports, and I plan to attach those today if all goes well.  And if today goes well, I plan to prime and paint the axle assembly Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!