Sunday, September 27, 2015

The Big Big Stump

As you may recall, earlier this year we had some big trees blow down on Father's Day.  It was a surprise for all of us.  Here are a few pictures from that event...Big Trees

I've set my two boys to work on it with shovels, loppers, gardening rakes, and sticks.  It's been an on and off project for them through the summer for them.  For the last many days, I've been helping them out.  After about 10 days of digging, we had some luck...

I was able to undermine most of the root system for one of the two stumps, and then I cut the intertwined roots between the two with a chainsaw.  The last tool in the arsenal was the old 1939 John Deere H with a mere 14hp.  It only weighs a little over 2000 pounds, but it has the most torque of any vehicle I own.

I was surprised to see my stump roll right out.

Perhaps in another 10 days I'll be able to get the other large stump yanked out.  We'll see...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!