Sunday, June 5, 2011

The Weekend

Our Saturday was interesting. A few things to say:


1. In the morning, I made this.... Pecan pancakes with blueberry syrup. One of our favorites.



2. I sharpened blades on the JD lawnmower. When I put the belt back on, I laced it around the outside of a peg instead of the inside. So, when I started it up, things started smoking quickly thereafter. I shut things down, saw the problem, and tried to move the belt to the other side of the peg. I didn't think it would be hot, but it was. The result - I got a nice burn on my finger. It looks pretty gross.


3. I got a wireless router for the new laptop given on Mother's Day. This is very nice.


4. A dust storm blew up in the evening on Saturday. I was out mowing (after burning my finger), and the northwest looked brown. I stopped mowing, and the dust storm blew through. Visibility was greatly reduced, and our eyes hurt. I've never seen anything quite like it before. I didn't get the yard finished.


5. The neighbor offered to let me have his old lawnmower. He doesn't use it anymore, and thought I could have some fun fixing it up. So, for free, I will be getting an old Case 446 lawnmower - complete with unused mowing deck and a well-used snow blade. It ran when he parked it 5 years ago, but he said it has troubles staying running. Some weekend, I'll move it into the barn. No rush. Lots of other projects to work on in the meantime.


That's all for now.......

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!