Friday, December 17, 2010

More Fluff - Part 2

Well, it's been just 2 days since we added the attic insulation. I had no expectations to see any difference until we received our electric bill in a few weeks. However, I think we have observed a few differences....

1. We keep our bedroom pretty cool. By the time we go to bed at 10pm, my thermometer reads 57 degrees. This is usually true when the outside temperature is anywhere between 0 and 35 degrees. However, last night and tonight, the temperature in the bedroom is a whopping 61 degrees. I have tried to turn down the thermostat, but the temperature does not drop. This is good.

2. In the kitchen, the temperature usually hovers around 61 or 62 in the evening time. Tonight, we it didn't drop below 64 degrees.

Thus, I know the insulation is working as it should. I am simply surprised we can tell a difference so soon. More data to come....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!