Monday, July 19, 2010

A New Project

This past weekend, I picked up an old truck I plan to use as a summertime daily driver.

This is a 1964 Chevy C10 half-ton short bed step-side pickup truck. It has an inline 6 cylinder engine with a 1 barrel carburetor producing a maximum of 140 HP. The "3 on the tree" is a fun feature you don't see too often anymore.

The engine was recently rebuilt by the previous owner. It also has a new radiator and brakes. It is very mechanically sound for being 46 years old.



My plans are to continue to make a few mechanical improvements, and perhaps give it a paint job a year or two down the road. I'm not looking for showroom paint - just a paint job that I can do with the tools I already have.
Just tonight, I checked timing and corrected it by more than 4 degrees. We'll run it like this for a few days then check it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!