Saturday, January 2, 2010

Goodbye Lawnmower - Hello Snow Blower!

Today I made a Craigslist trade. I traded my recently acquired John Deere 300 lawn mower for a snow blower. This snow blower mounts onto the front of my John Deere 316. It is powered by a belt, and raised and lowered with hydraulics.


Besides getting the snow blower, I also bartered to get a set of suitcase weights as well as some cash. These little suitcase weights are about 45 pounds each. I'll build a bracket for the rear of the JD316 and mount these weights to provide a little more counter balance for the heavy front-mounted snow blower.
I am happy with the trade I managed. I figured out I am about $300 on the positive side of the trade by keeping the snow blade, tire chains, and weights from the original purchase of the JD300. I had hoped for pure cash for liquidity, but perhaps I'll get some use out of this snow blower. Now we just need some snow to play in!

3 comments:

  1. Hey great looking snowblower, I'm interested in the same, have you been happy with it? what is the model number?

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was very happy with that snowblower. It was a "Model #49".

      Delete

Thanks for leaving a comment!