Sunday, October 11, 2009

Yet Another Lawnmower

I always scan through Craigslist probably once a day looking for a great deal. Yesterday, I found an old lawnmower, and was fortunate enough to call early enough and buy it. I travelled to Greentown (10 minutes east of Kokomo) and picked up this old lawnmower today. It is a John Deere model 300. It is a 1975 vintage, and came with a bigger (and complete) snowplow, a 48" mower deck, tire chains, and rear wheel weights. It's powered by a single cylinder Kohler engine. The seller told me it was 14HP, but all the information coming from the web is telling me it is a 16hp engine.


I was in the market for tire chains and wheel weights for the little snowplow I already own, so I hope to pretty up this new lawnmower with some fresh paint and sell it (while keeping the snowplow and weights for myself). I think I can come out a little on the positive side.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!